Sunday, July 26, 2015

6 Months to Babe-ness

Happy birthday to my babe sister thompson! She's all grow'd up and hitting the 20's. That's muh gurl.
Well we're off to a great start, everybody, as my sister  Lauren has sent me morning workouts. Let's just say it's been a while, me and sister ferguson were sore for 3 days after. Not to mention the Mother sent me some work our gear that is so tight I talk like a chipmunk. SO! Things are going super!
I can already see progress, it's in the difficulty of getting out of bed and pain as I go up trapperne.
It's all good though, cause I will not be bringing the 15 pounds home with me, and so working out is a must. I've also started cooking again, as I can make a lot healthier food than we can buy. SÅ! We're definitely on  the road again!
This week was a week of miracles. We had 23 lessons, 9 of them were member presents. We found 5 new investigaters, and had 3 less actives in church. Can you say MIRACLES????
We've been working SO hard, and praying and planning and praying some more. Always trying to better ourselves, and just work harder.
We met with the mission prez this week, which was the bomb diggity. Him and Sister O'Byant are driving around all of Denmark visiting....everyone. In their apartments. We were there last ones on thursday that they visited, and they were just SO TIRED, having seen 20 missionaries already. They were running 1 1/2 hours late, and they had skipped dinner. Of course as soon as they mentioned that to us(before hand) I hopped in the kitchen and made them some healthy....stirfry with zuccini!! It was like zuccini, potato, chicken, peppers, green onions, and then some sweet and sour sauce kinda shtuff. They were SO happy. They came in, told os our apartment looked like the celestial kingdom, and took a seat on our dusted furniture, with the flag of danmark behind it.
When we did our interviews, it was really great, because even though we don't know the mish prez too well, Sister Ferguson and I can both say that he's perfect for here and now. Really. I feel like I've progressed so much since he's come. He's putting a lot of emphasis on the Christ-like attributes, and how we can become better so we can do better, instead of the other way around. It's amazing.
In fact, these last 2 weeks I've been working on the Christ-like attribute of Charity,and it's changed me whoooole life. I'll send in another email a talk a gave on sunday(which went swimmingly, thank you very much, in Danish) about Charity. How it's all linked with doing the will of the Father. 
Why is that? because Charity is the Pure love of Christ, and that entails that we love as Christ loves. And Christ came to Earth to do the will of the Father, meaning that if we have Charity, we give our whole heart to God, all our hopes, dreams, reservations, fears, EVERYTHING.
That has changed me so much.
Also this week we had zone training, where Sis, Fergie and I basically shared our converstion story of the last 2 weeks, and we have one let me tell ya!
Well not actually tell ya, cause otherwise I won't have a homecoming talk in about...AHHHHHH 6 MONTHS. Well that escalated quickly. We'll see how this goes.
All I know is that I'm gonna work as hard as I can so i don't have any regrets on my mission. That starts with my heart. In D&C 4:2, it says to serve God with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. Often times we give our ''all'' meaning our might and strength. That happens a lot as a missionary. We give Him us for a year and a half, two years, and promise to do everything He askes. But often times we are truly converted, and that is a consequence of withholding our heart and mind. God has given us everything. He is almighty, powerful, and can do ANYTHING! We give Him a small bit of what He offers us, and He STILL blesses us. Quite literally everything that we have is a gift from Him, and they only thing He doesn't already have? What is that? 
Our Heart and our mind.
WE need to give those to Him.
WE need to be charitable in the biggest sense of the word, and in return He promises us everything.
EVERYTHING!
I love my Heavenly Father. This plan is truly in our favor. Everything points in our favor! But if we don't give Him it all, He can't shape us into what we could become. Only He knows our true potential, and so in turn only He can help us reach it.
We're like a small child wanting to eat candy every night for dinner, but the parent knows very well that eating that sugar won't help us grow to be big and strong(well maybe big) but we'll never make it on that alone! He knows what the plan is, and will lead and guide us as long as we share with Him those things.
I love me some Charity.
I bid you all to read Moroni 7:43-48
It's what it's all about 
ALSO! Pull out that PMG (Preach My Gospel, if you don't know what that is, ask a missionary near you ;D), and read chapter 6, pick a Christ-like attribute to work on, and see how it goes this week! Set goals to strive after it, and I know you'll see progress! 
Yesterday when I went out with Sister Ferguson we taught that chapter to EVERYONE we met with, and have them now all working on an attribute. No one's perfect, but through Him we sure can come a lot closer, He's got this homies ;D

I love you allll!!!!
I wish I had remembered my journal, cause I got a great story in it to share from this week with ya! 
short synopsis:
we were up in this little town, called Dianalund, having just taught a lesson there op.
And ont he way back, I meet this lady who was not really interested in having a conversation. Good thing I was.
SO!
Started talking about the weather, where she's from, she noticed my acccent, and one thing led to another and I told her I'm a missionary from *points to name tag* this church, and from America. She told me she knows a little bit about our church and it's teachings, and so I asked her what she thought, and she very bluntly told me that there's too many rules, and that everyone has their own path in life. I told her that is so true, we all have a different way we need to go, because we're all different. But God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and that's why we have guidance He gives us. I was able to tell her that we don't have rules! She was flabberghasted to say the least. I told her, we have invitations, ones that lead us to happiness. I usually accept the invitations, because I find I'm happier when I do. And not just that, I'm blessed a hundred fold. 
I've gottenr really good at casually pulling out my scriptures, never thought I'd say that, and grabbed my new Book of Mormon.
I read to her from 2 Nephi 31:21, ''And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is theway; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.''
After I read that she smiled, and told me that she thought that had a really great message, and then we talked for a bit more.
It was really amazing. I had not pushed her once, knowing that she was uncomfortable with it, but had instead invited her, with some ''pure love of Christ'' ;D 
I know that, because as we were pulling into the station, I gave her a card, she looked at it, and told me that she wasn't interested in learning more, but instead that she would watch the video, and just after said the most important thing I could have heard from her, something that made it all worth while. 
Lanette, as she is called, said, ''I had many prejudgements about your religion. I didn't like it. I spent a week studying it a while ago, and just automatically didn't like it or the people. Well, I know I was wrong. And I know that because I met you. A very open, kind, and caring person. I'm very glad to have met you today, you changed me mind.''
I have never had anyone tell me that before.
That made it all worth it.
And one day it will have made all the difference, i know that.
Well, I gots things to do, but I love you all soooooo much, have the best week, work on an attribute! Read Moroni 7!!!!

MKH, Søster Pink Floyd

p.s. sister ferguson and I got our nails done for free today, and they look mega fine.
p.s.s my comp is hilarious
#it says Aalborg, so of course i love it
#my nails got done-did
#smiiiiiiiile y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment