Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Ja, men, hej med jer.

What is up my home slices?

{I'm sure a lot. And I'd sure love to hear about it. Maybe you should email me about it.}

This week tho. Wow.Let's start last monday. Ok, so we went out, I convinced Sister Superb-Williams to buy the same coat I bought last year, cause it's amazing!(I've never been cold, wet, or unhappy with that thing. I love it so much.) And we also went to see this awesome tower called Rundtårnet. It's like 400 years old or something like that. It's basically this ginormous tower on the side of this church, where it just winds and winds and winds, and the path is made of brick. There's also this hollow part of it, right in the center of the spiraling pathway, and apparently in the 1600's a 6 year old boy fell into it....he broke his legs but like, he lived. So no harm no foul, right? And now he's famous! nåhh I'm not so heartles, poor kid. It's way trippy cause they have this giant glass plate in it, so you can see where the kid fell from.I got to stand in it, and I just loved it so much cause playing with gravity and winning. ''gravity is the law

Last week we found out about transfers, and it was actually really great, only we found out about them LIVE and at our zone trainings. That would be fine and dandy, but we unfortunately didn't have ours until friday...so we learned some patience. Friday came around and we got to zone training a little nervous. Sister Williams and I knew that we were not going to be together for another one, because we already had 2 transfers together. We also knew she was leaving Frederiksberg. I thought maybe I was training, or that I could be a sister training leader? We weren't sure. We didn't talk about the transfers until the end of training, so we were getting really anxious just sitting there. Part of the training was on how to handle stress and what kinds of stress are actually good stress! That was nice. I needed it. Especially when I found out what was happening.

Well we got to transfers.

President O'Bryant goes up there, and just says, ''well. I really hate doing this, cause I know you're not all gonna like it, and not just that, but reading off this tranfer information is always really complicated. Don't judge me as I make this a slow process.''

''Frederiksberg sisters! You're both leaving. Frederiksberg will be closing down for sisters and you're transfering monday. Sister Williams will be going to Roskilde, and your companion is sister Mølholt.'' So sister williams got a dane as a comp, and she's way stoked. Then he paused for a second, ''and sister Floyd...you're getting a special assignment. *pauses again* Your new area is quite new for sisters. In fact, they haven't had them in over 20 years''  at this point Sister O'Bryant just pipes in and says, ''You're toturing the poor girl! Just tell her where she's going!!!!!! She's waiting!'' I just start laughing cause I'm already surprised, and I just accept that I don't know what to expect at all. President just giggle a little. ''Sister Floyd you're going to be transfering to the Allerød ward, working the area of Birkerød. Your new companion is Sister Moseley.'' THE CROWN WENT WILD! Cause like, that is just insane. This was like the best news ever, cause allerød ward hasn't had sisters in forever and they NEED them. They have so many women that need our help. I'd heard about their need for sisters before actually when I was serving in Aalborg. Someone told me that not all wards in Denmark have sisters, and they named allerød. They also said that Allerød had been asking for sisters forever, but they hadn't ever gotten them, the time wasn't right.

well guess what?

The time has come the walrus said.

So as soon as that training was over, plans started going into action to get prepared. It was really hard to leave Frederiksberg, and especially because that place had ALWAYS had sisters. The longest time they've been without was probably 2 years ago, and that was just for like 3 months cause they were short on sisters. It's crazy. The ward was really sad :( I've got a copy of the ward list, though. SOOO....I will never truly be without them! facebook when I get home, and when mom and dad come we'll go visit. 

The hardest part was actually clearing out the apartment we lived in. Me and Sister Williams just died. This apartment had to get cleared out. Like, we gutted that thing. And we only had 2 1/2 days to do it. That's not very long. I really wished our training had been on tuesday. That would have been nice. Or maybe if they had just given us two a heads up, since we were the only ones in the mission closing an area. That would have been great. Oh well, I didn't sleep for 3 nights, but whatevs. That place looks great, so ya :)

Monday morning sister Williams and I got to the train station in good time, and Sonja met us there. She was SO sad. She's never dealt with missionaries leaving before, and it really tore her apart. She just hugged us and hugged us, and wouldn't let us go :'( She just kept saying, ''you're coming back for my baptism!!! You have to!'' Sadly I'll be in America at that point, my dear little Sonja. 

After that the assistants drove us to our new apartment. It was so nice of them! I always feel bad though, cause my suitcases are so heavy. They carried them up two flights up stairs, too. Poor  guys. Now we're just in the process of moving in. This apartment really needs a woman's touch. I'm shocked by it's disgustingness. Sister Moseley and I constantly are wondering or speaking out loud with exclamations of, ''ELDERS!'' or, ''This is Nastay.'' Oh OH OHHHHH my gosh Also! The elders have pictures of Jesus stuck EVERYWHERE. Like these little teensy stickers!!! It's really quite amazing all the spots they thought of to stick them. We even have Jesus on the ceiling. He's in the bathroom. He's in the lights. He's on our desk. He's on the mirror. He's everywhere. Jesus is in the kitchen, by the sink. This morning he appeared in my closet. It's like freaking Where's Waldo. I guess this is our official ''Welcome to the Birkerød apartment''!!!!!

Anyways, that's all I have to say. Love you guys! Pray for me, I'm gonna need it. One super great thing that happened already. So last night, we went to our first appointment the elders had set up for us. And we get to this elderly man's house, his name is Finn. He just welcomes us in, and we read scriptures with him. Sister Moseley and I taught SO comfortably together. It was one of the happiest appointments I've ever been in, and I loved it. Sister Moseley is SUCH an amazing teacher. I remember in the MTC when we knew like 3 words in Danish and would spend most of the time hand miming everything, cause we just couldn't function. This is so much better. This is what we always dreamed we could be like! I just am so happy to be companions with her again!!!!!!

Have the best week, 
<3 Søster Floyd


Don't look down, guys #Rundtårnet #That Kid Gets Some Props

#We're on top of the world hey!



Transfer day is always a little busy! From left to Right, Sonja, Sister Mølholt, Sister Reed, Sister Moseley, Sister Perking, Elder Reimschussel, Elder Gifford



No comments:

Post a Comment