Monday, December 28, 2015

Nytår er lige som krig

New Years in denmark is like a bombing is going off. I'm pretty sure anyone with any PTSD at all loses their minds. Fireworks are CRAZY and lights are everywhere.

I'm so excited.
 (say that just like Mole from Atlantis the Lost Empire)

This week was super eventful, and we got to play santa!!!!! Sister Lyman and I woke up at 5:45 on the 25th and drove out to Helsingør, and then Hillerød and dropped up care packages for the elders. They love us. They were so happy. Especially cause we gave them chocolate. And Cocios. Not that you guys know what those are at all.

And christmas eve was spent with the ward mission leader and his family. That was pretty great. Ask me about it some time.

We skyped at Jette's, and it was way great to see the fam, they're nice people. I met Lyndsey, my future Sister-In-Law. LET'S GO!!!!! woohoo!!!!! She's a peach. 

We also got to see a few missionaries come home and then back to the magical land of denmark. always weird.......who even does that? #Completely Ironic

It was great seeing my fam, but weird again, cause everyone was scatter-brained, including me. I even wore a rudolph nose to break the ice with my family. Who even does that??

We had a great sunday in church, and I finally got my blessing typed out from when I was on tour with the music group! Elder Geslison gave it to me my last night and sister mandla recorded it. It's way awesome. I'm so happy about it.

anyways........

 Here's my fave story for the week. We have a friend named Finn, who is less active and has been struggling with his testimony. We had visited him on saturday night, where he opened the door looking very frail and ill. We were so worried about him! He said that he had just been to the hospital that morning, and he's having some major aches and pains, and the doctors couldn't tell him what was wrong. I felt inspired to ask him if he'd like a blessing, and he immediately said, ''yes!'' That was a miracle in and of itself, as Finn doesn't really use or see the priesthood that often. (After getting baptized 2 years ago he never got it because he smokes, and hasn't been able to stop. He's also the only member in his family )

So we immediately call his home teachers, and although they can't come that evening, we made an appointment for after church yesterday. Immediately after church we jet over to Finn's and his home teachers drove their own car. We brought Elder Beck and Hendricksen with us, and all 4 men went inside to give the blessing. Finn was so happy to see the elders, whom, before sisters had come to birkerød, visited him often. Unfortunately, Sister Lyman is allergic to Finn's apartment, so we waited outside as they administered to him. They came out a few minutes later, and Elder Beck had given the blessing. Finn was smiling ear to ear, SO HAPPY to have gotten a blessing!!!! After leaving Finn's we said a prayer and hoped that things would go a little better for him.

Back to the present....so this morning we get a phone call around 8 from Finn, and right after he asks us how we're doing and we return the favor, he says, ''I've decided I want to stop smoking.'' 
We're visiting him wednesday night to make a plan for him spiritually and then physically :) WE'RE SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

All in all a swell week.

GODT NYTÅR ALLE SAMMEN!
MKH, 
Søster Floyd


p.s. i found Sasquatch. It's Æ. Po

No comments:

Post a Comment