Monday, August 17, 2015

well hey y'all

So this week has been quite the adventure.

Making a short list, 
1. our numbers were up cause we went outside more!
2. Sister Williams spoke in church and killed it. She be so good at Danish.
3. I got Lauren's envelope this week, and cried as i held it. Sister Williams checking the mailbox and pulling that out for me just made me so happy.
4. I got to see sister Ferguson twice cause of zone training and then her and sister sørensen came to the temple for Alice(from Odense!!!!!!) so alice could do her endowments for the first time in 20 years!!!
5. Sister Williams and i rocked 2 musical numbers this week, and we sounded so good. She is amazing at the quitar, and we harmonize way well. We sang Teach Me to Walk in the Light, and also More Holiness Give Me. We rocked it.
6. We had an apartment check, them being the first people to see it after we redid it, and let me tell you, they were blown away. My favorite thing. They had seen what I did to the apartment in Slagelse, so they walk in, and sister madsen just says, ''well, after slagelse, frankly i'm not surprised Sister Floyd''
it was great. 
They sat on the couch and just basked in the splendor of our apartment.
7. When we sang Teach Me to Walk in the Light it was at the baptism for an 8 year old boy in the ward, Alfy!!!!!! I love that kid. His family is so wonderful, and they love the missionaries, it was grea to see them all together there, they really are so sweet. Momma Teague conducts music in church, and she has the cutest british accent. And so do all her kids. Cause her husband is british and even though she's danish because she lived in england for a while she picked up that accent. But like, when she speaks danish i can't hear it at all, so it's just way funny. Ahhhh I love them!
8. There was a certain other baptism this week.....man i just can't remember her name! what was it?.......
oh ya. CAMILLA S. The woman of the hour. I realize I can't tell you all her last name unless I ask her. Personal info and all, and hey, maybe she reads my blog or something?......Ok Camilla I know you're reading this right now* hahahha CONGRATS WOMAN!!!!
I love Camilla. She is so kind and wonderful and just hilarious. The baptism was beautiful,  and I got to be the first person to see her when she arrived at the church that morning. She didn't know I was coming so it was just a great surprise!! She was baptized so gracefully, she's just that way, and it was amazing to see someone I love so much take such a huge step.
9. Oh ya, and this was up in Aalborg. The land of my dreams. I had such an amazing time there, I love that place with my whole heart. The ward all remembered me, talked to me a bunch, and I made some appointments with them for when I visit with mom and dad. CRAZY. FYI mom and dad? We're eating some of the most delicious food on earth with Marie Louise and Jimmy. They are fabulous.

Other than that life hasn't been too eventful, we're both on the mend, life is getting better, and sister williams and I are pickin up the work here in Copenhagen!

Have a great week y'all!!!
<3 Søster Floyd

* ok you gotta know this funny story real quick. So I was talking with Camilla, and I told her where I was serving, and then she said something i thought was funny, so I was like, ''oh that's goin on the blog!'' and she replies, ''btw, i read your blog! So i already knew you were serving in frederiksberg, i just couldn't tell you immediately, or I'd freak you out!!! ;D'' it was so very witty and hilarious, and so Camilla. We just laughed and laughed. I have declared her to be my own offical stalker, and I'm so happy about it. 


Hi Camilla.

p.s. enjoy the pics.






1 comment:

  1. Åhhhhh, Søster Floyd, har jeg nogensinde fortalt dig, at jeg elsker dig? Jeg er meget stolt af at være din officielle stalker. 'Bout time we made it official! My preciousssssss (jeg er nu også Gollum. Så ved du det).

    Jeg kan se, at du har det rigtigt godt sammen med Søster Williams (giv hende en krammer fra mig), og at I tager Frederiksberg med storm! Jeres undersøgere er heldige :D Måske skulle jeg overveje at flytte, selvom jeg nok hurtigt ville komme til at fortryde det. Men hvis I er sammen de næste syv uger, kan jeg måske liiiiige nå det ;) Totally worth it.

    Jeg glæder mig til at læse om jeres nye eventyr i morgen og til at komme med fantastiske kommentarer :)

    ReplyDelete