Monday, August 31, 2015

Mufasa Stopped By

Well this has been another fabulous week here in københavn, Danmark! Quite productive, very eventful, I'm exhausted.

Things I love:
I love this missionary life.
I shall never leave it.
I love you all.
I will someday return to you, though today is not that day.
I love Denmark!!!!
I love sunshine.
I love minions.
I love my CTR ring.
I love putting on my badge everyday and wearing that perfect accessory.
I looooove everything in the whole wooooorld!

     We had some guests again this week, this time is wasn't missionaries per-say, but mini missionaries! In Denmark they have a program for the youth where they let them go out with the missionaries for a day kontakting with us, teaching a lesson, overnighting and then studying! Both I and Sister Williams got one, and It really was so great. My 16-year-old mini missionary was Emma Petersen, from Roskilde! She's a babe. And she's my mini mission baby. She's really gonna be a great missionary one day, and I was so greatful for the help she gave me. Sister Williams had Natasha Mølholt, from Slagelse!!!!! It was so great to see Natasha again, I miss that girl, and she was basically pre-trained for this! She goes out all the time with the sisters in slagelse, and she's basically already serving she helps so much. They had  a blast together! There were many missionaries on Sjælland that got MM's, and so on day 2 we had a zone training with them, so they could practice role-plays and how to teach the first vision. While on splits with these girls sister petersen and I taught a great lesson with a married couple in the ward from the U.S., it's a good thing that girl has english down, or that would have been hard hahaha  but we shared her fave scripture, and I tried to help her teach, though she didn't need it she was so good!
That whole experience was way fun. It was great to show a youngin like her how fabulous missionary work is. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I felt like it was a mission within a mission with her. Mission-ception. A nice refresher to remember why I'm here and who Blaire Floyd is! ''Simbaaaaa remembah who you are'' thanks Mufasa for the help.

     We also went to the TEMPLEEEEEE!!!! Ahhhh glorious day! I haven't been to the copenhagen temple since last oktober! MAN! I had really missed those blessings. And going with sister williams was just the best. Not to mention, that in that session there were all the departing senior missionaries that we love, a new group of young missionaries and their trainers, the assistants, and President and Sister O'Bryant! Perks of serving in copenhagen? you can schedule the preferred temple day ;D Seriously though, being welcomed into the room by President O'Bryant was such a happy experience for me. That man is one of the best people I know. The other day, he was up on the stand and I was on the front row, and I made a fake mustache with my hair, he saw it, made a shocked face, and then I dropped the hair and looked around the room like I didn't know what was going on, and when I turned back he had burst into a fit of laughter. We crack each other up.

     After our apartment checks a few weeks ago, they wrote a list of things we wanted repaired. The cavalry came this week, and we had our showerhead replaced in the apartment. Now this may not seem too big, but for me, it is just another achievement I can add to that list of things I did to better my area apartments before I move. And that's a good list. I've also invested in a can opener in this apartment as it's lackin one.
It was way great actually!!! The senior couple from the office came over to check things out in the apartment, and they fixed our bunk bed( which squeaked to high heavens, and was so annoying hahaha), got us a new pan to cook with, gave us a new shower head, and fixed some of the cupboards in the kitchennnn
Livin that pampered life yo ✌

     This week we also met with some very lovely people, a few less actives, recently reactivated people, and investigaters. Let's begin.

Pauline-She was reactivated my first sunday in copenhagen, and progressed every week since. I love this woman from Uganda, who adores the missionaries, feeds us food that must be eaten with hands and not a fork or knife(wow denmark has influenced me, because eating with my hands feels barbaric and freeing at the same time), she taught gospel principles last week, and loves sharing her testimony. Mom, you will love Pauline. I promised her she could meet you and dad. She is very excited.

Dong Di- Our chinese less active, who actually just left for china so she ain't gettin any more active for at least 3 months. Awks. But!!! We had an amazing lesson with her this week, and she has been prayin for strength cause work is way hard for her right now. Not to mention she lives in a midget sized apartment with no breathing room and she also just quit drinking coffee and smokin. This woman has a lot on her plate. Pray it up Dong di, you can keep that commitment even in China.

Mia- (Investigater)Well, Mia and I had a rocky start, as she spent every second correcting my danish instead of listening to what I was actually saying. That was a humbling lesson for me, as I hate people cutting me off mid- sentence, and not only that but she wouldn't let me try to even fix what I said, she's just say, ''just speak english. Just say it i english''. That can be hard cause I don't WANT to speak english, that's giving up in my head, I've worked so hard to be able to speak danish and I want to use it! BUT! I just bit my tongue after a while, prayed for patience, and let sister williams teach hahaha anyways now I've learned to just speak english with her. Honestly she enjoys english, respekts us more, and we make progress with her. We Came over this week and made her dinner(fried chicken and ranch mashed potatoes. #Missionary life), and she loved it. It made it so much easier for me to love her when I *served her. And her dog that hates me even loved me by the end of the appointment! SUCCESS!!!!!!!!! So now Mia and I are friends. Good times.

Brian & Anna: So brian and Anna are fabulous. He's a member she's not, and they come to church together every week. They hold and hands and are just so cute, and I have placed myself in their line of vision many times because I will be their friend so help me. It seems to have worked, because after sitting by them every week, telling them how much I like them, and smiling all the time until I feel like barbie from toy story 2 where she had to stop because it hurt, they let us come over this week!!!!! I wrote about it in the part about the mini mission. It was really great cause they're philosophers??? and came to denmark to study this guy named Søren kirkegaard, who's real famous and dead and wrote things. They met whilst researching him. Cuteness. They've only been married for about a year. The lesson with them went smashingly. She participated so much,sister petersen (emma), shared her fave scripture, and we talked about blessings, my favorite things!!!! 😹🙌😍 Anyways, things are going well in their neck of the woods.

Sister Williams and I are blessed as we found out about transfers, and the angel of transfers has passed over us! WE'RE STAYIN TOGETHER!!!!!! And this next transfer is extra long, with 7 weeks. I'm loving it. I'm learning so much from her everyday, and bettering myself as a missionary. It's such a blessing!!!! Literally everything is getting better. She's even helping me with my hand writing. This is a woman of many talents. She's also hilarious, and I'm often rolling on the floor laughing while she looks down and says, ''need a lil help?'' I'm so happy I get to keep her.

This week I have learned a lot about about how God really has a plan for us. He knows everything and everyone, and gives guidance and help where needed, and room to grow so we can reach our potential. He's amazing that way.  And a quote from my trainer has just been going through my head over and over again! '' If God has brought you to it... He will bring you through it.'' It's my motto at this point. God knows where I'm supposed to go, who I need to talk to, and when it comes to it what I need to say. He knows that person I'm speaking with, so it doesn't matter that I've never met them before, as He's ready to help them!! I just need to be worthy of the Spirit's guidance, and that way I can be an effective tool in His hands.

I love you all!!! Have an amazing week, I know I will!
<3 Søster Floyd


 *Side note:That literally is the answer to everything. SERVICE. If you have a problem with someone, serve them. If you like them enough but want to love them? SERVE THEM. That was the best advice I ever got from my stake president back home. Thank you Pres. Iorg, though you won't be releasing me, you set me apart and gave me some great tools to succeed on this mission of mine, and with life i general. Tak skal du ha'!

Danish Skies. A beautiful sight to behold.

Sister Emma Petersen! My mini missionary!

I love these girls :'D Me, Sister Mandla, Sister Williams

Me, Sister Mattie Reed, a mini missionary, Sister Mandla, Elder Reimschussel, Sister Williams

We're in the ghetto yo. This is my crew, and these are...the train tunnels.

No comments:

Post a Comment