Monday, August 10, 2015

Extreme Makeover: Missionary Apartment Edition


Well, well, well here was are.
This week was a bit crazy, as my companion and I were stuck inside, however just because you are inside does NOT mean you are a bad missionary! You can still be successful, productive, and efficient while in the confines of an apartment.

And oh baby were we efficient.

Let me tell you a legend, one so old that it outlasts the dastardly tradition of mindebogs which sisters invest their time in:
It is one of the disgusting sister Genbrug.
It is one of the Carpets put in by a senior couple.
It is......

VESTRE ALLE 11, 1 SAL: THE HORROR!

This apartment, I swear, when I first stepped foot into it I was just like, ''no. No no no. I just went through this in Slagelse, I'm not living this crap apartment life again. WHAT THE HECK SISTERS???? WHYYYY???''
My exact thoughts as I entered our apartment. BUT! It's just because like a million years about there was this senior couple that apparently missed carpet, so they found this old one somewhere, and basically puzzle-pieced it throughout the apartment, and it is NASTAAAY.
So.
I asked sister williams about it, who said that it is to protect the floors, apparently the sisters thought the floors were bad? False! That is a myth put there by the ancient Ægtepar! Once this was cleared up, we decided they had to GO. Not the old couple, they went home like 10 years ago, sisters were just too nastalgic or something like that to take it out.
So the other night once I just thought to myself, ''do it once'' and began to move the very large furniture out of the room. With the help of sister williams we pulled out the carpet, found beautiful floors that just needed to be cleaned a little, and then moved around the whole apartment. The living room is now where the bedroom before had been, and the bedroom is now where the living room was. 
On to the sister genbrug. Genbrug is the word for thrift shop in danish, meaning using again. Well, in every sister's apartment here has loads of clothes from sisters who have gotten tired of clothes, maybe didn't have room for it all when they transfered, went home and didn't care how much they left. Whatever the case, the genbrug in our apartment is NOTORIOUS for this. It takes up the whole closet, the cupboard above, and the one higher than that. We have no space.
Well it had to go.
I need that closet space yo.

So we went through all the clothes, saving the ones that were actually nice, making a compiled sister's genbrug, and then organizing the closet where we can now easily hang up all our clothes.

I don't settle for mediocracy.
I have no idea if I spelled that right. # that's my messed up brain for ya

Our place is going to be eden when we get those cleaning checks tomorrow. Boo ya.

Something I must share from this week: the power of prayer!!! I have really been working on making my prayers more sincere, finding that No prayer is unheard, and He understands our situations whatever they may be. Wow. He really knows us. And anything we're going through is just to help make us better, and they great thing is, because He knows the measure of our potential, that means that He can best help us come over our trials. SO REMEMBER to pray! Because He can help best with whatever it is!

sidenote: Yesterday we ate dinner with some members, and they're like this fabulous couple, so beautiful, and just have beene everywhere. He can't tell us exactly what his job is, cause like, he's a part of the intelligence for Denmark. ooooooh. And his wife is from Arizona, they're literally the most stunning couple. Well I awkardly at dinner got some food on my white shirt, and she offers to help clean it real fast right after dinner. So I take the offer. she later we're scrubbing the shirt, trying to clean it, and we let it soak. While we're waiting, she pulls out some things for us to look at from their travels, and she just throws out this silk rug, like, REAL SILK RUG from Afghanistan, and i just face plant on it, it was SO SOFT oh my goodness gracious. while laying there on my face, she's like, ''hey, can i pop your back?''
um, heck yes girlfriend i'm in for that.
in about 30 seconds she then popped my back in like 8 places, it was crazy. apparently being on a mission has done things to my back i just didn't know.
but all i do know, is that that back experience was fabulous. That's a good eating appointment! Good food, great spiritual thought, some physical therapy, and a silk rug.

Another thing from this week, splits! They really were so great! I was with Sister Mattie Reed, and we had a BLAST! Really though, we worked so dang hard, made some great personal goals, and I know I learned a lot.

Got a call this week from Aalborg, and Camille is getting baptized!!!!!!!! AHHH!!!!! She's been investigating for 2 years, more actually, and I'm way excited to go! President gave us permission and was just like, ''Have a great trip girls!''
It was like christmas.
CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Also, I need to say, that I love my companion. Sister Williams makes life so good with her beautiful voice, hilarious stories, and fabulous crocheting skillz. She's one talented woman.

I hope you all have a great week! I'll be writin again next monday, cause that's just how I do.

peace XOXO
<3 Søster Floyd

also this one time Elder Reimschussel wore a fake mustache with Elder Wright, and then someone put a darth vader hat on him.



Meet our AP's y'all


Dinner with the stewarts! I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment